Karyn Davies, RCC
Registered Clinical Counsellor
Karyn is a Registered Clinical Counsellor with a rich experience serving individuals and families in private practice, healthcare, and community agencies. It brings her joy to support the personal growth journey of her clients, and to provide guidance as they rediscover what it means to live well, in whatever life holds right now. Her supportive presence invites clients to courageously share their stories as they continue to open their hearts and minds to the learnings of life.
Self-care is a vital part of Karyn’s life. She can be found walking near the ocean, hiking in the local forest, discovering local artists, and reading while enjoying a delicious snack. Close friendships and family ties are treasured in her life, and she values community as a place of belonging and connection.
Her presence is calm, attentive, and encouraging. Karyn has a responsive approach and will guide you in making positive changes as you work towards the goals that matter to you. She offers personalized tools to help you make progress, and celebrates the small successes, one step at a time in your journey of living with authenticity. Karyn is honoured to be of support as you move through life’s challenges and adventures.
“Yes, I am imperfect and vulnerable and sometimes afraid, but that doesn't change the truth that I am also brave and worthy of love and belonging”
- Brené Brown, The Gifts of imperfection
You may be experiencing:
- Relationship conflict or breakdown
- Difficult career changes
- Unclear sense of life purpose
- Grief and loss
- Depression or low mood
- Self-criticism or self-doubt
- Emotional triggers that impact daily life
- Physical health issues that affect energy levels
Common gains in attending therapy:
- Strengthened ability to trust your own instinct and knowing
- Mindfulness strategies to cope with stress, anxiety, and painful emotions
- Grounding as you start to feel more capable and confident
- Deeper understanding of your thoughts and emotions
- Greater awareness of your resilience
- Clarity in what your next steps may be
It is Karyn's passion to help clients move from a place of discouragement, self-doubt, anxiety, or stress- into an experience of deeper joy, self-awareness, and confidence in moving through the world.
- Integrity towards self and others
- Opportunity to change and grow
- Respect for all human experiences
- Honest communication
- Living whole-heartedly
Karyn works with:
- She provides a safe space to honour and gently explore the goals, desires, losses and challenges of your life. Come and be deeply heard.
- Wherever you are right now is a good place to start.
Karyn is in good standing with the BC Association of Clinical Counsellors (RCC #11373).
Many extended health plans cover counselling with a Registered Clinical Counsellor. Please check with your insurance provider about benefit coverage.